- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation on double bed room
- Activities Listed in the Program
- All meals included (vegetarian, vegan mentioned in advance)
- Best available Lodges in the area
- Duffel Bags for Travelling Light
- Entrance Fees to the Guadalupe Ecological Reserve
- Entrance tickets to Manu National Park (Reserved Zone)
- Free Storage Room in Cusco
- Professionally Local Guide
- Rubber Boots
- Snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Alcoholic Drinks
- First day breakfast
- International flights
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
Manu National Park by Aircraft
Wild Watch Peru offers exclusive tours to the most pristine area of the Manu National Park by Charter Flights. Operated by the modern 9 passenger; Cessna Grand Caravan EX aircraft. By HTS, a reliable US company that has expanded their operations to Peru.
Tours Including flights from Cusco
Having a tight schedule or limited time is not going to be a major barrier in this case. Our tours to explore “the best of Peru in terms of wildlife and nature”, we assist by matching it ideally to anyone’s travel schedule. Any concerns do not hesitate to contact us. We can adapt to you.
Manu Park Flights.
The flight time is around 45 minutes to the Boca Manu Airstrip. So, our dates of departure are programmed according to the demand of travellers on irregular dates. This trip can also be easily arranged for groups of 4 participants minimum. Which is perfect for small groups of friends, or a family adventure.
Premium Rainforest in a Short time!
The wildlife in the district of Manu National Park is one most diverse in the world. However, most of the park is inaccessible to visitors. This is due to the Reserve zone, in order to preserve and protect all those living within it. It demands a significant number of days travelling along the high mountains and along the cloud forest.
Visiting the Manu National Park by flights optimises your time immeasurably. Being able to reach the remoteness of the park, in such a short space of time, saves ample travelling by car. While in Pakitza surroundings, these untouched areas, where the infamous jaguars has been spotted. Our accommodation in this area is at Casa Matsiguenka Lodge, surrounded by large trees in the pristine rainforest. So it’s definitely an ideal place to enjoy a peaceful environment.
Shortening the travel time …
To visit the Manu National Park, the reserved are<b>a</b> was not possible. So most programs were rigid and requesting a minimum of 6 days. Consequently, depending on arduous overland transport from Cusco. As a matter of fact, the Park was less visited and the traffic of boats on the Manu river basin was minimum. As a result, the forest and rivers remain less impacted. In contrast to other rainforest destinations In Peru; Iquitos and Tambopata. Both these areas have become more visited and gained much more popularity due to the provided facilities for larger tourism scale.
The Reserved Zone of Manu is a magical place and certainly holds more wildlife within it. This is the above all, jungle experience where few feet have wandered. You need authorisation to pass through these lands. It is important we protect and preserve, and due to the barrier from the Cultural zone, communities help this environment thrive. Travel here to get a real immersion and experience true isolation from modern life. With only 4 days or even less time. An area untouched and rarely visited by civilisation. and for that reason, be one of few to explore this land in it’s finest.
Manu National Park – Biodiversity Records
Below is a list of Wildlife Records, of which Manu Biosphere is their longstanding home:
- 1025 SPECIES OF BIRD (Aves)
- 221 SPECIES OF MAMMALS (mamíferos )
- 1307 SPECIES OF BUTTERFLIES (Mariposas)
- 8 SPECIES OF WILDCATS (Felinos Silvestres)
- 15 SPECIES OF PRIMATES (Monos)
- 27 SPECIES OF MACAWS (Guacamayos)
- 132 SPECIES OF REPTILES (Reptiles)
- 155 SPECIES OF AMPHIBIANS (Anfibios)
- 300 SPECIES OF ANTS (Hormigas)
- 650 SPECIES OF BEETLES (Escarabajos)
Quite an impressive amount, or so we like to think. We aim to help preserve and conserve the land here in Manu National Park. If you are interested with flying to one of the most beautiful places in Peru. Look no further.
If you require any more information. Do not hesitate to contact us. We are only happy to help!
Check out some of our tours, to gain the experience of a lifetime. While we will cater to all your needs and assist you any way we can. Finally be part of something special and see parts of the world few footsteps have been traced.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Minivan Ride from Cusco - Guadalupe Lodge
Guadalupe Lodge - River Boat Trip to Casa Matsiguenka
- Enjoy waking up and taking breakfast early in the morning then You will be transferred to the Atalaya port where you can appreciate the view of myriads of colourful birds and a rich wildlife. At Atalaya river’s deck, embark in a motor boat and navigate down this crystalline river of Madre de Dios. After 4 hours, you will reach the confluence with the Manu river we enter the wild Manu National Park a brief stop at Limonal Park Ranger Station for check in, the exciting trip begins with full of sightings experiences, every river bend will bring us a view of unspoiled beauty.
Casa Matsiguenka - Salvadore Lake - Trails Explorations
Casa Matsiguenka - Otorongo Canopy Tower - Trails
Casa Matsiguenka - Boca Manu Airport - Flight to Cusco
More about Manu National Park
More about this tour
*Please bear in mind flights schedule depends or weather conditions!
|Wellington BootsProvided at the lodge||Experience has taught us that Wellies are by far the most appropriate footwear for your time in the Jungle. You'll hopefully have noticed we asked for your shoes size on the application form; this is so we can buy you some new ones in Cusco ready for your departure so you don't have to lug them with you. However, please be aware that is difficult to get Wellington boots over European size 43 so if that's you please ensure you bring some with you.|
|Flip flops||Useful for use in the bathrooms and for walking around the lodges.|
|T-shirts, cottonshirts and a light sweatshirt||You should bring a mix of short and long sleeved to protect your arms from mosquito bites|
|Underwear||Cotton is recommended rather than nylon.|
|Socks||These should be long and made from breathable wool to ensure optimum comfort inside your boots.|
|Sunblock CreamSun Glasss
|at Least 40 % DEET|
|Trousers & shorts||It’s important to be wearing long bottoms for protection from bugs and sun. We recommend full cut khaki bottoms or khaki type pants that can be zipped into shorts. Lighter|
|Waterproofraincoat/poncho||Even in the dry season the rain can be heavy so it's good to come prepared!|
|Flashlights||For night activities such as night walks , Caiman Search and for using when the power from the lodges runs off.|